Monday, February 4, 2013

February 3rd


      I had such a great 25th birthday yesterday. Hubby and I actually celebrated on Saturday evening; we went to my favorite restaurant, Red Lobster, for dinner and saw Silver Linings Playbook in the theater. Yesterday, we relaxed all day and, of course, watched the Super Bowl. 


My wonderful hubby bought me roses :)

      I made a really tasty and healthy beef stew in the crock-pot for lunch yesterday. I couldn't believe that my husband enjoyed it because it was mostly veggies. I thought I would share the recipe with you all!


Beef Stew
Ingredients:
  • 1.5lb beef stew meat, cubed
  • Beef Stew Seasoning, ½ packet
  • 16oz bag of frozen green beans
  • 16oz bag of frozen corn
  • 16oz bag of frozen peas
  • ½ bag of carrots, sliced
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 3C of water
  • Pepper, to taste
Directions:

Add ingredients to crock pot and let it cook on low for 8 hours. 

It makes a lot, probably about 8 servings. I think next time I wouldn't use the whole bag of the green beans, corn, and peas; maybe about ¾ of it instead? And if you are doing WW, one serving would be about 6 Points. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment