Saturday, August 3, 2013

This Cycle

      I took my first Clomid pill yesterday! Today is CD6 and day 2 of Clomid. I've been thinking about all the tools I'm using and really feel like we could get pregnant this cycle. However, I'm starting to feel worried that I'm being TOO positive and am setting myself up for disappointment.
      So, this cycle consists of....

  • Clomid- 50mg [should] induce ovulation
  • Progesterone- "hormone of pregnancy"; needed to get pregnant and sustain a pregnancy
  • Metformin- lowers insulin and blood sugar in PCOS
  • Prenatal Vitamin- duh
  • Maca Root- balances hormones
  • Zinc- helps with the production of estrogen and progesterone
  • B6- can lengthen luteal phase and increase progesterone 
  • B12- aids in ovulation; helps prevent birth defects 
  • Robitussin WITH Guaifenesin- loosens and thins CM
  • Preseed- fertility friendly lubricant (one of Clomid's side effects is vaginal dryness and CM is important when TTC)
  • OPKs- Ovulation Prediction Kits; pinpoints ovulation
      My husband is also taking a multivitamin as well as the B12 vitamin which can help improve low sperm count. He is also taking zinc which is essential for the health of the sperm.
      There is a lot going into this TTC process and I know someday it will all be worth it. For now, we are praying all of these medical and health supplements and medications work and that God will bless us with a full-term pregnancy and healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment